LIBERTY CORNER, N.J., March 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Enhancing its fan-first offerings for the 118th U.S. Open Championship, the USGA today announced the addition of "Top of the Hill," a new ticket option for fans to experience Shinnecock Hills Golf Club and the U.S. Open Championship as the world's greatest players compete in golf's ultimate test. The 118th U.S. Open will be contested in Southampton, N.Y., from June 11-17.
Located on one of the highest points on the property and situated amid the first four holes of the closing nine, "Top of the Hill" offers fans an open-air facility in a beer garden-style atmosphere with a panoramic view of Shinnecock Hills. Ticket holders will enjoy a lively, sociable atmosphere with open-deck seating and a large-screen broadcast of live championship coverage. This new ticket offering also includes access to a variety of local culinary options and full bar service with local craft beer and wine offerings available at an additional charge, as well as the convenience of executive restroom facilities.
"Top of the Hill" tickets are available now in limited quantities, and can be purchased at usopen.com at the following daily prices:
- Monday or Tuesday "Top of the Hill" Ticket: $80
- Wednesday "Top of the Hill" Ticket: $95
- Thursday "Top of the Hill" Ticket: $165
- Friday, Saturday or Sunday "Top of the Hill" Ticket: $185
Also new for 2018, the USGA is collaborating with PrimeSport to create one-of-a-kind fan trips to the U.S. Open. As the authorized U.S. Open fan experience and travel package provider, PrimeSport is offering packages that include tickets, accommodations and transportation to the storied championship venue of Shinnecock Hills Golf Club. Coordinated through onsite event staff, the packages offer fans the ultimate U.S. Open Championship experience. More information is available at PrimeSport U.S. Open tickets.
"We are always evaluating ways to innovate and elevate our fans' U.S. Open experience," said Sarah Hirshland, USGA senior managing director for Business Affairs. "If we're able to create more social and convenient options for fans, we'll do it, and we feel these new ticket offerings provide just that."
Beyond "Top of the Hill" and PrimeSport packages, a limited number of daily and multi-day ticket package options are still available for the 118th U.S. Open, with prices starting at $60 for daily Gallery tickets and $125 for package options, including:
- 1895 Club: Located to the players' right of the fifth fairway, the 1895 Club is an all-inclusive ticket option featuring breakfast, buffet lunch with hot entrees, afternoon snacks and full bar service throughout the day in a custom-designed, climate-controlled hospitality environment.
- Trophy Club: Located to the players' left of the fourth fairway, the Trophy Club is a climate-controlled pavilion with open seating, live network coverage of the championship in a sports bar-like setting, and a variety of food and beverage options available for purchase at an additional charge.
- Gallery: Gallery tickets provide access to the grounds and to concession locations, grandstands throughout the course and all fan facilities.
- Weekly packages: All ticket types except "Top of the Hill" can be purchased as weeklong packages.
- Multi-Day packages: Both Trophy Club and Gallery tickets are available in two-, three- and four-day packages.
Daily and multi-day tickets can be purchased exclusively at usopen.com. For more information, or for any questions related to 118th U.S. Open Championship tickets, please visit usopen.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1.800.698.0661.
About the USGA
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf. Founded in 1894, we conduct many of golf's premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions is the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world's golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association's Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world's most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
Director, Open Championships Public Relations